Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss Cookies Makes 60 Cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter, brought to room temperature (1/2 pound or 1 cup)
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
16 ounce package Hershey’s Kisses
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Combine butter, peanut butter and sugar: blend until creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and blend.
3. Mix flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl and add to the cream mixture; stir well.
4. Roll dough between your hands into quarter size balls.
5. Rol dough balls in a plate of sugar. Place balls onto a cookie sheet and press down slightly, so the balls don’t roll off the cookie sheet. Bake cookie dough for 8 minutes. Take out and place chocolate kiss in center of each cookie. Bake an additional 2 minutes.
6. Using a spatula, remove cookies and place onto a wire rack to cool.